This is a smooth, and creamy chocolate cheesecake with a kick of coffee flavor. It’s like a fancy mochaccino topped with whipped cream in the form of a cheesecake!
Everyone in my family loves, so I have made this twice already for family gatherings. During the last get together, my sister-in-law couldn’t even wait for me to get back to the table before she started cutting into the dessert. That’s how good it is. People won’t be able to wait to dig in.
The base is a bold dark chocolate made from Oreo cookie crumbs. The filling is a velvety, not too sweet, chocolate cheesecake paired with the wonderful flavor of coffee. Then it’s topped with a heavenly melt-in-your-mouth whipped cream dusted with cocoa powder.
This is a simple and forgiving cheesecake recipe. Just mix and bake. You don’t have to worry if your cheesecake cracks because it’s topped with a beautiful cloud of fresh whipped cream. It’s made with chocolate cream cheese, so there is no chopping and melting of chocolate, then waiting for it to cool. The less time is takes to make a dessert, the more time there is to enjoy it. It’s a quick and easy recipe that is sure to please any crowd.
Recipe by Little Sweet Baker
- 1 & ¼ cup chocolate Oreo cookie baking crumbs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 750 grams Philadelphia chocolate cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee (dissolved in 2 tbsp of boiling hot water)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Add the instant coffee and blend. Then add the eggs, one at a time and mix until just combined. After adding the last egg, blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust and bake for 40 minutes or until the edges looks dull and there is 2-3 inches of the center that is still wobbly. Remove from the oven and run a thin knife around the edges to loosen cake. Cool before removing the rim. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Whip the heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spread on top of chilled cheesecake and dust with cocoa powder before serving.